Ann Heritage Lodge Inle Lake Review
As you may know, we actively seek out unique accommodations around the world that offer one of a kind experiences and create lasting memories that we can share for years to come. Ann Heritage Lodge is one of these accommodations that offers an experience you will not find anywhere else.
The lodge consists of cabins built on stilts over the water of the northwestern side if Inle Lake, Myanmar. The lodge is only accessible by small boat and is a great central location for exploring the rest of the lake. The lodge borders the bobbing fields of floating gardens and offers unobstructed views across the lake of the mountains beyond.
The lodge has a boutique feel with fewer than twenty cabins, an organic garden, pool and a soon-to-be-completed spa. Behind the lodge is a secluded local village with dirt paths winding through beautiful fields and traditional style houses. We spent a few hours exploring the village and were the only foreigners in sight. Locals waved and shouted “hello” as we passed.
Ann Heritage Lodge is about a 30 minute boat ride from the main town on Inle Lake, Nyaung Shwe. It may seem far, but it is actually much closer to tourist attractions around the lake like the craft workshops, floating gardens, fishermen and temples.
Our cabin was spacious with a living area, bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom had a large sunken tub and the bed was comfortable. There was a large deck out front where we could sit in the evening and watch the sunset. It was a little noisy in the mornings once the boat traffic on the lake started, but earplugs are provided and on the second morning we didn’t even notice. The cabins have heat, A/C and all the amenities you will need to have a comfortable stay in a rustic setting.
We ate a lot of our meals at the on-site restaurant and were impressed by the service and food. The breakfasts were served a la carte and included eggs, meats, fresh bread, avocado smoothies and more fruit than we could possibly eat.
At lunch and dinner, the traditional curries were flavorful and we loved the mini spring rolls and sweet and sour chicken. The western sandwiches were really good as well. The young staff were cheerful and all spoke wonderful english.
- The small village behind the lodge is great for taking a walk and exploring the traditional buildings and watching the locals going about their day
- The lodge will be closing from april 2015 through September 2015 to finish construction on the final cabins and new spa.
- The lodge is only accessible by boat. Both the taxi driver from the airport and the boat company in town recognized the name and knew exactly where Ann Heritage Lodge was located
- The staff at the lodge can book boats, tours, and other activities for you
- Visit Ann Heritage Lodge on Agoda for more information and to make a reservation