The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide For Travelers
For the travelers on your list this holiday season, we broke our guide into categories: stylish, frequent, tech, and adventurous. Whether you’re looking for something for a friend who constantly travels for business or your cousin off on her first backpacking trip, this is the ultimate holiday gift guide for travelers.
The Stylish Traveler
Style doesn’t stop when you leave for a trip. Stylish travelers are always on the lookout for travel accessories and clothing that don’t look like travel items. Utility, organization and multiple-use products will be at the top of their list. Any wanderluster will appreciate these travel gifts.
1. Trish McEvoy Deluxe Makeup Planner (Amazon) For your messy traveling friends always losing their makeup brushes, or for your super neat friend who knows exactly where they are.
2. Lat & Lo Cuff (Lat & Lo) Give the travelers on your list something to remember home by, or stamp the latitude and longitude of their favorite international city.
3. Merrell Ellenwood Insulated Parka (Amazon) Travelers have to limit their outerwear, especially when traveling carry-on only. This jacket will protect the wearer from weather but won’t be out of place on a clear day.
4. Randygoat Hoodie (Nau) Cozy and stylish fleece-lined merino wool, perfect for the plane or a chilly destination
5. Oragami necklace (White Feather) Handmade in Singapore, this delicate necklace is a great minimalist accessory and won’t take up room in a jewelry bag.
6. Cole Haan Air Bria sandals (Amazon) Cute sandals for traveling in hot climates with Nike Air technology to keep your traveler’s feet happy.
7. Alexbender Mini Belt Bag (Etsy) A fun accessory for any traveler who doesn’t like to carry a big bag, or wants to have an easy place to keep their passport and phone while running through the airport.
8. Cole Haan Zerogrand No Stitch Oxfords (Amazon) Stylish but rugged with a cushioned sole for exploring new cities.
9. Bellroy Elements Travel Wallet (Amazon) The ultimate travel wallet. It zips shut, holds your passport, your credit cards, your iPhone and your house key. It even has a mini pen and it’s water resistant.
10. Hokkaido Blazer (Nau) Breathable, but 100% waterproof, this tailored jacket will keep stylish travelers dry without ruining the look of their suit.
11. Brass and Chain Cuff Links (Etsy) Inspire wanderlust in a suit with handmade cuff links made from vintage maps.
12. Crester Blazer (Stio) Stain resistant and wrinkle resistant. Easy to roll up and shake out when you get to your destination.
13. Swiss Army Watch (REI) A good-looking outdoor watch option made to last.
14. Parker Travel Shave Kit (Amazon) For the well-groomed traveler on your list, so they can stay trimmed on the go.
The Frequent Traveler
Most of us know someone who travels often, whether it be for business or pleasure. They probably have the basics covered, but here are some great gifts to help make the getting there part of their journey more enjoyable.
1. Travel Cocktail Kit (Stephen Kenn) For the whiskey-loving traveler on your list, this kit might be just the thing they need.
2. SleepPhones (Amazon) “Pajamas for your ears” and headphones you can sleep on during long flights or in noisy hotels.
3. United by Blue Trafford Duffel Bag (Amazon) Sturdy duffel bags are a traveler’s best friend. Give someone a travel style upgrade with this modern version.
4. Grid-it Organizer (Amazon) Everyone hates digging through their personal bag for their charger, phone or a pen. Help your traveler friends stay organized with this flat, elastic organizer.
5. Luxe City Compact Travel Guides (Amazon) Paper guides might seem cumbersome, but these modern, sleek city guides can slip in a pocket or purse and won’t be embarrassing to pull out on the side of the street.
6. Hard Sided Spinner Carry-on Luggage (hammacher.com) If you know someone wearing holes in their carry-on, this compact spinner can withstand 250 pounds of pressure and has an exterior pocket for easy access to travel documents and tech accessories.
7. Speakeasy Supply Co Travel Scarf (Etsy) Keep your passport easily accessible and secure with a hidden pocket in this infinity scarf.
8. Scratch Map Deluxe (Uncommongoods.com) Give your jet setter a scratch-able map so they can mark where they have been.
9. Passport Cover (JCrew) Frequent travelers make their passports work hard. Keep them from bending or tearing it with a pretty passport cover.
10. Bucky Blinks Ultralight Sleep Mask (Amazon) Luxurious eye masks make all the difference on long-haul flights. Your friends and family will thank you for a plushy, adjustable one.
11. Mojave Trail Resin Cologne (Juniper Ridge) So the stylish explorer can smell like the great outdoors even when he is stuck in the office, and won’t have to leave the cologne at home when he travels.
The Tech Traveler
Shopping for a tech or gear fanatic doesn’t have to be difficult. If you don’t know what’s next on their tech wish list, consider getting them something to compliment an item they already have, like an iPad keyboard or a camera strap.
2. Ifrogz Headphones (Amazon) What traveler hasn’t lost a pair of ear buds? These make great stocking stuffers and are a great value.
3. Canon DSLR (Amazon) This ultra light and super affordable DSLR will allow for any beginner or enthusiast photographer to take professional quality photos without weighing down their bag.
4. Seagate Backup Portable External Harddrive (Amazon) Tech travelers are bound to run out of space. Give them a little more storage.
5. Neoprene Camera strap (Kekke Camerariem) If they’re going to be wearing their camera everywhere, you might as well get them a unique camera strap to go with it.
7. Slik Sprint Pro II Tripod (Amazon) This compact tripod comes with padded leg wraps and a case for easy transport. Less than 19 inches when folded.
8. GoPro (Amazon) For amazing video and photos underwater, on the water, in the air or just for fun.
9. Jawbone Mini Jambox (Amazon) Just because they don’t have a ton of room in their bag doesn’t mean they can’t fit wireless speakers.
The Adventurous Traveler
Whether the adventurous traveler on your list is backpacking through Paris or climbing Everest, they will appreciate some useful gadgets. No wilderness lover will be disappointed by a pair of good quality hiking socks in their stocking.
1. Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket (Amazon) This windproof and water resistant jacket will keep you warm and dry without the extra bulk.
2. SmartWool Running Socks (Amazon) These lightweight cushioned socks will keep your feet cool while providing plenty of cushion for high impact activities.
3. Osprey Manta 28 Hydration Pack (Amazon) An ideal day pack with hydration sleeve, fully adjustable straps, plenty of pockets and a suspended mesh back for ventilation.
4. The North Face FastPack Gore Tex Boot (Amazon) Sturdy hiking boots for the most adventurous on your list.
5. Camp coffee kit (Bush Smarts) Even explorers need their caffeine in the morning. Give your outdoorsy friends a little taste of luxury with a portable coffee kit.
6. Reflect Water Bottle (Nau) A stainless steel and bamboo water bottle made from food grade silicon that will fit easily in the side pocket of your backpack.
7. SmartWool Cozy Tech Compatible Gloves (REI) Give the gift of being able to use touchscreen technology without removing your gloves in freezing winds with these SmartWool Cozy Techs.
8. LED Carabiner Light (Kilimanjaro) A light that hooks to just about anything and swivels to point everywhere for light in any situation.
9. Bulova Marine Star Stainless Steel Watch (Amazon) The Bulova Marine Star Watch is rugged enough for any mountainous our underwater adventure and can still be worn out for a night on the town.
10. Pocket Blanket (Matador) This blanket, large enough for two people, is so compact it will fit in the palm of your hand. Plus, it’s water repellant, puncture resistant, and has weighted corners.
11. Buck 941 Travelmate Kit (Amazon) Made of post-consumer recycled Paperstone, this all-in-one tool can take care of all your food prep needs while camping or backpacking while weighing in at only 3.4oz.
12. Scrubba (Amazon) Wash clothes easily anywhere with this portable washing “machine.” Scrubba weighs only 5 ounces and has a bumpy interior to give clothes a deep clean.
13. Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack (Amazon) Get adventurers a dry bag to protect their gear and keep their new clothes from getting soaked.